Tired of hearing songs that make you want to text your ex? Here’s a few songs that’ll make you want to pull up at your favorite restaurant and buy out the menu.
Rappers have been referencing food ever since Wonder Mike of The Sugarhill gang brought up the mushy peas he ate at his friend’s house on Rappers Delight. Whether it was used as a metaphor for success, struggle or even violence and money, the culinary arts remain relevant to the genre even to this day.
Artists such as Lil Wayne, Juelz Santana and master chef Action Bronson paint pictures of delicious meals with their words, leaving us not only hungry for food, but hungry for more memorable lines such as “honeys play me close like butter played toast”.
Here are 20 of the most mouth-watering verses that’ll make you want to pick up your phone and order out.
- “From Philly cheesesteaks, lobsters on the barbeque/I’m getting twisted eating chicken with a prostitute/An hour later eat the burger with my drug dealer/Then add the butter to the fudge to make the fudge realer” – Action Bronson (Ronnie Coleman) “Real g’s move in silence like lasagna” – Lil Wayne (Six Foot Seven)
“Haven’t you heard, y’all all herbs/I stick tooth picks in y’all hors d’oeurves/I’m a shark y’all just koi fish, octopus, oysters” – Juelz Santana (You Ain’t Got Nothing)
- “On the low from the Jake in the Taurus/Trying to get my hands on some Grants like Horace/Yeah living the raw deal, three course meals; spaghetti, fettuccine and veal/But everything’s real in the field” – Puff Daddy (It’s All About the Benjamins (Remix)
- “Mayonnaise color Benz call it miracle whips” – Kanye West (Last Call)
- “And there was commas after commas, I eat ‘em like Benihanas/Put the shrimp over the pasta, the pasta over the lobster/And the lobster over the table, power circle a mafia” – Rick Ross (Power Circles)
- “We can rendezvous at the bar around two/Plans to leave, throw the keys to Lil’ Cease/Pull the truck up front and roll up the next blunt/So we can steam on the way to the telly/Go fill my belly/A T-bone steak, cheese eggs and Welch’s grape.” – The Notorious B.I.G (Juicy)
- “Mrs. Fried Chicken you was my addiction/Dripping with high cholest-/Like Greeks with his falafel, Italian with his to-mato pasta/What roti is to a Rasta/Trapping me; You and your friend mac’ and cheese/Candy yams, collard greens but you knocking me to my knees” – Nas (Fried Chicken)
- “Don’t worry why my wrist got so freeze, tell a girl like Doritos that nacho cheese” – Kanye West (Lollipop Remix)
“Six-deuce every time, I never had the Heinz / Fifty-seven can’t ketchup to mines.” – Jay-z (Maybach Music 2 (Remix)
- “Say she want diamonds I took her to Ruby Tuesday/If we up in Fridays I still have it my way” – Kanye West (Gone)
- “Big wheels, big straps, you know I like it supersized/Passenger’s a redbone, her weave look like some curly fries/Inside fish sticks, outside tartar sauce/Pocket full of celery, imagine what she telling me/Blowing on asparagus, the realest shit I ever smoked.” – Jeezy (Put On)
- “What she order, fish fillet?” – Kanye West (Niggas in Paris)
- “I said, I shouldn’t eat it, she said, I think you should/But I can’t, I played my vegetarians. No cats and dogs, I’m not a veterinarian/Strictly collard greens and the occasional steak
Goes on my plate” – A Tribe Called Quest (Ham & Eggs)
- “I love you like a fat kid loves cake” – 50 Cent (21 Questions)
- “And you do dinners at French Laundry in Napa Valley/Scallops and glasses of Dolce, that shit’s right up your alley.” – Drake (The Ride)
- “In a French ass restaurant/Hurry up with my damn croissant” – Kanye West (I Am a God)
- “Make two farm-fresh scrambled eggs with the grits/Glass of club soda, splashed with the twist / lime, placed on wrist” – Action Bronson (I Adore You)
- “International, he would take trips, Bon voyage/That’s how hard he was fishing for the chips” -Lupe Fiasco (Gotta Eat)
- “Real g’s move in silence like lasagna” – Lil Wayne (Six Foot Seven)
“I don’t wanna trip, but the truth is, Girl the way you cook a steak Remind me of the strips to Ruth Chris” – Fabolous (Into You)
What are your favorite mouth watering lyrics? Tweet us and let us know!